Sunday, September 12, 2004

Hunting Elephants

Well, Saturday I woke up with my usual list of things to get done for the day. After going over that list I sat down at the computer to print out the class assignments. I had no trouble with Anne Fadiman or William Burroughs readings, but once I started trying to print the Melancholy Elephants I got missing page after missing page. I even sent an email to the professor letting her know of the problem just in case someone else was having trouble.

But Never say Never...I found a work around! I started by adding one '/" section after the other until I reached the main page. The only part of the given URL that was causing the problem was the "__1.htm" the last section. Once I reached the main page and found that several chapters were up for grabs I selected chapter One and POW the "Melancholy Elephants" appeared and printing them out was a breeze.

Of course that was the begining of how the day was to go. But hey that's life and you roll with the punches. For me, at this stage in my life, the alternative is not even an option. Takes too much time, energy and joy away.

1 comment:

Kari Kraus said...

Great workaround, Karin :-)